The Water Focus Group to assist with review of technical analysis and public outreach for the Santa Fe County Conjunctive Well Program. This program involves using groundwater to provide a backup water supply to the Buckman Direct Diversion in times of drought or mechanical failure.
The Commission recognizes the importance of this project to water users and wishes to proceed with minimal impacts to the environment. To this end, each of the County Commissioners appointed one community member to this group. The members are:
• Jose Varela Lopez-La Cieneguilla / La Cienega
• John Miles Smith- Santa Fe County Northwest
• David Gold – Santa Fe (West of city)
• Rod Hall – Galisteo
• Walter Wait – San Marcos
The two major tasks of this group are as follows:
1. Assist with modification of the pending groundwater application and a recommendation to bring to the Board of County Commissioners. This involves assisting with the development of monitoring and mitigation plans to minimize or eliminate potential impacts to nearby well, springs and streams.
2. To give a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for development of effective public outreach for this project.
Domestic Well Factor with Residential Units (PDF)
Domestic Well Sensitivity 3-11-2010 (PDF)
GW Contamination 3-11-2010 (PDF)
Total Map Ranking 3-11-2010 (PDF)
Conjunctive Management Plan Presentation (PDF)
Final Map with Wells (PDF)
County Backup Wells Presentation (PDF)
There are currently no meeting documents for 2017
There are currently no meeting documents for 2016