Santa Fe County Fair
Santa Fe County would like to invite all residents to enjoy the festivities of the Santa Fe County Fair, at the Santa Fe County Fairgrounds, 3229 Rodeo Rd. The 2017 Santa Fe County Fair is August 2 - August 6.
County Fair Schedule 2017 (PDF) »
More information regarding the County fair, events, and how to participate visit »
Saturday, August 5, 2017 Santa Fe County Exhibit Hall Portal 4:00 p.m.
- Any Santa Fe County resident or business is eligible to enter. Only one entry per participant.
- All entries must be registered between 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on August 5, 2017
- Judging will begin at 4:30 p.m. on August 5, 2017.
- All the entries must be made by the participants using an original recipe.
- Participants must have the recipe written on a 5x7 inch index card.
- Winning recipes from previous years may not be entered in the competition.
- Participants must bring a minimum of one pint of prepared salsa and a serving dish.
- Chips will be provided for taste testing. The decision of the judges will be final. The public is welcome to taste the salsa after the judging.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place ribbons will be awarded. Sponsored by Peaceful Pet Sitters
2017 Salsa Contest Entry Form
Smoker Pit BBQ Contest!
Saturday, August 5, 2017 Santa Fe County Exhibit Hall Portal
- Any Santa Fe County Employee or 4H Family/Individual is eligible to enter. Only one entry per Team/individual participant.
- All entries must be registered by July 31, 2017.
- Judging will begin at 1:30 pm Chicken Thigh, 1:45 pm Pork Ribs, 2:00 pm Tri Tip, on August 05, 2017.
- Styrofoam plate boxes will be provided.
- Solid Fuel Only. An unlimited number of grills may be used.
- Participants are responsible for own equipment, supplies, canopy, etc.
- USDA approved meat products. Meat Inspection will be conducted 12 hrs. Prior to cook. The decision of the judges will be final.
Grand and Reserve Smoke/ BBQ Masters will be awarded by Categories
Grand Prize for overall Hi-Point Winner
Smoker Pit BBQ Contest Entry Form