Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). All five commissioners were present.
BCC meeting minutes from January 10, 2017 meeting was approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Consent Calendar - All Consent Agenda items, passed by unanimous vote 5-0
• BCC CASE # PCPA 16-5240 Colinas del Sol Plat Amendment. High Desert Partnership, Applicant, James Siebert, Agent, Requested an Amendment to a Condition Imposed by the Board of County Commissioners on an Approved Plat for Colinas del Sol. The Plat Created Sixteen 12.5 Acre Lots and Was Conditioned to 0.20 Acre Feet Per Year Water Restriction Per Lot. The Applicant Requested an Amendment to the Plat Condition to Allow 0.25 Acre Feet Per Year Water Restriction Per Lot.
• Resolution No. 2017-12, Authorizes the County Manager to Prepare, Execute and Submit on Behalf of Santa Fe County Two Local DWI Grant Program Applications Along with all Related Documents and Agreements.
• Resolution No. 2017-13, A Budget Increase to the Fire Operations Fund (244) Wildland Program to Budget State Forestry Revenue to the County Fire Department / $212,352.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Appointments/Reappointments/Resignations - approved by unanimous, vote 5-0
• Acceptance of Resignation of Ann Weisman and an Appointment to the Arts, Culture and Cultural Tourism Committee.
• Resolution No. 2017-14, Appoints Three Members and Two Alternates to the Board of Registration.
• Approved a Memorandum of Understanding Between The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Taos Field State Office and Santa Fe County as a Cooperating Agency for the Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement for the Verde Transmission Project. Approved by unanimous vote 4-0 (Commissioner Anaya was not present for the vote).
• Approved Amendment No. 3 to Agreement No. 2014-0211-AS/PL with Bridget Jacober for Legal Services on Property Tax Valuation Matters and Administrative Law to Increase the Contract Amount by $65,000.00, for a Total Contract Sum of $260,000.00, Exclusive of NM GRT, and to Extend the Contract Term an Additional Year, From March 6, 2017 to March 6, 2018, and (b) Authorization for the County Manager to Execute the Purchase Order. Approved by unanimous vote 4-0 (Commissioner Anaya was not present for the vote).
• Approved Agreement No. 2016-0183-CORR/IC with Securus Technologies for the Jail Management System for the Adult Detention Facility for a Total Contract Amount of $395,680.00, Exclusive of NM GRT, and Authorization for the County Manager to Execute the Purchase Orders. Approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
• Authorized to Publish Title and General Summary of Ordinance No. 2017-__, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 2009-2 to Remove Requirement of A Biannual Public Hearing so as to Allow the Low Income Tax Rebate to be Repealed by Ordinance at Any Time. (Title of Proposed Ordinance Changed) Approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017-15, A Budget Increase to Budget Cash in the Lodger’s Tax Advertising Fund (215) for Tourism Related Initiatives / $400,000. Approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Matters From The County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
• Legislative Updates and Direction on Proposed and Introduced Bills
o Resolution No. 2017-16, Directs the County Manager to Oppose any Legislation Introduced in the 2017 First Regular Session of the New Mexico Legislature that Adversely Affects Santa Fe County Revenues, Programs, or Service. Approved by unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Support for or Opposition to Bills Introduced or Proposed for Introduction in the First Session of the 53rd Legislature of the State of New Mexico.
Support HB104 and HB259, approved 4-0 (Commissioner Anaya not present for the vote).
Oppose SB98 approved 4-0 (Commissioner Anaya not present for the vote).
• Report That No New Water Deliveries Require Scheduling Pursuant to Resolution No. 2006-57.
• Summary and Update of the Utility Division Water Rate Study and Interim Water Rate Proposal and Possible Next Steps.
Matters from the County Attorney
Closed Executive Session
Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(8) NMSA 1978.
• Rights-of-Way for County Roads.
• Adult Detention Facility Charges for Inmates Arrested in Santa Fe County for Alleged Crimes Committed in Other Counties.
• Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County v. Gregory Fuess, State of New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, First Judicial District, No. D-101-CV-2015-01936.
• The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Rio Arriba, et al., v. The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Santa Fe, State of New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, First Judicial District, Cause No. D-101-CV-2016-02243.
o Update on Concluded Litigation. (Legal/Rachel A. Brown)
No action was taken as a result of discussions in executive session.
Matters from County Commissioners and Other Elected Officials
• Discussion and Possible Direction on Further Amendments to Ordinance No. 1991-6, the Santa Fe Animal Control Ordinance.
• Presentation by the Buffalo Range Riders Mounted Shooters.