Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on June 13, 2017. Four (4) Commissioners were present with Commissioner Anaya excused.
The BCC meeting minutes from the May 9, 2017 meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 4-0.
• Government Finance Officers Association - Financial Reporting Achievement Award.
• National Association of Counties (NACo) 2017 Achievement Award to Santa Fe County for the “Dollars4Schools Initiative”.
• Recognition of the 2017 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
• Recognition of Judy Williams for Service on the Health Policy and Planning Commission
All Consent Agenda items, passed by a unanimous vote 4-0.
• Resolution No. 2017 - 59, A Resolution Authorizing the Disposition of Fixed Assets in Accordance with State Statute.
• Resolution 2017-60, A Resolution Directing Staff To Submit A Joint Grant Application In Conjunction With The Bureau Of Land Management Taos Field Office To The National Park Service Rivers, Trails And Conservation Assistance Program Seeking Assistance In Developing A Conceptual Trail Plan On the Burnt Corn Special Recreation Management Area
• Resolution 2017 - 61, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Acquire Through Negotiated Purchase and Sale Agreements Sufficient Real Property Interests to Construct and Operate Phase IV of the Arroyo Hondo Trail and Further Authorizing the County Attorney to Bring Condemnation Actions, if Necessary, to Acquire Such Interests.
• Ratification of Santa Fe County Treasurer’s Six-month Investment Strategy Presented at the May 30, 2017, Board of County Commission Meeting.
• Request approval of (i) Amendment No. 2 to Agreement No. 2014-0267-CORR/IC with ACC Health LLC for an Increased Contract Amount of $154,000.00 and Extend the Contract Term One Additional Year to Provide Dental Services for Inmates and Residents at Adult Detention Facility and the Youth Development Program and (ii) Grant Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
(End of Consent Agenda)
• Accepted the Resignation of Ms. Bette Booth from the Santa Fe County Planning Commission and Appointed Mr. Charlie Gonzales as the Commission District 2 Santa Fe County Planning Commission Member. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Request Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 2016-0150-DWI/BT to allow for Contract Assignment from CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center to Santa Fe Recovery Center to Provide Enhanced Social Detoxification Services, Extending the Term an Additional Year, and Increasing the Amount by $300,000. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Request Authorization for the County Manager to Execute and Sign the Purchase Order for the Installation of a New Camera System at the Adult Detention Facility and the Youth Development Program, for a Not to Exceed Amount of $850,000.00, Inclusive of NM Gross Receipts Tax. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Request Approval of (i) Agreement No. 2017-0220-PW/IC with HDR Engineering Inc. for Master Planning Services for Water and Wastewater Utilities for a Total Contract Amount of $384,245.00, Exclusive of NM Gross Receipts Tax and (ii) Grant Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Notification of (i) the Receipt of Transportation Alternative Program Awards for Santa Fe Rail Trail, Segment 5 and Arroyo Hondo Trail, Phase 4 and (ii) Request Approval of the Re-allocation of Funding for the Local Match Portion. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Request Approval of (i) Construction Contract No. 2017-0261-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and GM Emulsion, LLC in the Amount of $752,217.04, Exclusive of NM GRT for the Road Improvements for Various County Roads and (ii) Grant Signature Authority to the County Manger to Sign and Execute the Agreement and Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
Matters From the County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
Matters From the County Attorney
Threatened or Pending Litigation in Which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978 and Discussion of Competitive Sealed Proposals Solicited Pursuant to the Procurement Code, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6) NMSA 1978. Including the following:
• Proposals for Workers’ Compensation Insurance for Fiscal Year 2017
• Potential Enforcement Actions for Violations of the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code
Action taken with Respect to Threatened or Pending Litigation in Which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant Discussed in Executive Session.
The Board authorized the County Attorney, his staff or contract attorneys under his direction to commence civil enforcement action in the First Judicial District Court pertaining to the real property located at 11 Camino Iglesia, Santa Fe, NM 87507, to remedy violations of the Santa Fe County Sustainability Land Development Code and any other applicable County ordinances. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• Resolution No. 2017 - 62, A Resolution Delegating to the County Manager the Authority to Negotiate for Workers’ Compensation Insurance for Fiscal Year 2017 and to Execute Purchase Orders, Agreements, and Other Documents Necessary or Advisable to Effectuate Such Insurance. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
Land Use Cases
• BCC CASE #MIS 17-5120 Arable, LLC Restaurant Beer and Wine License. Arable, LLC, Applicant, Is Requesting A Restaurant Beer And Wine License. The Property Is Located At 7 Avenida Vista Grande Suite B-6, Within The U.S. 285 South Highway Corridor District Overlay, Within Section 9, Township 15 North, Range 9 East, (Commission District 5). Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0.
• CASE # 10-5364 St. Francis South Preliminary Plat Approval for Phases 1-4 and Final Plat Approval for Phases 1 & 2. Vegas Verdes, LLC, Applicant, JenkinsGavin, Inc., Agent, Request Preliminary Plat Approval For Phases 1-4, Which Consists Of 22 Lots And Final Plat Approval Of Phase 1, Consisting Of 4 Lots And Phase 2, Consisting Of 8 Lots, On 68.94 Acres, Of The St. Francis South Mixed-Use Subdivision. The Property Is Located At 199 Rabbit Road, Via St. Francis Drive, Within Section 11, Township 16 North, Range 9 East, Motion to table by Commissioner Anna Hansen to table until July 11; seconded by Commissioner Ed Moreno. Approved 3-0, with Commissioner Hamilton abstaining from the vote.
• Presentation by the Stop Hunt Powerline Citizen Group.
Matters from County Commissioners and Other Elected Officials