Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on September 26, 2017. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the August 29, 2017 Regular Board of County Commissioners meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 5-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $26,599.38.
• Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Grant of Easement Agreement between Santa Fe County and Rancho Viejo de Santa Fe, Inc.
• Approval to be a Participating Party in a Federal TIGER IX Discretionary Grant Application and Provide $12,500 In Matching Funds for the Amtrak Southwest Chief Improvements Project.
• Approval of Amendment No. 4 to Lease Agreement No. 2014-0178-PW/GG Between Santa Fe County and Bokum Burro Alley, LLC for the Lease of Office Space Located at 142 West Palace Avenue, in Santa, NM.
• Approval of Utility Line Extension and Service Agreement Between Santa Fe County, Turquoise Trail Business Park Lot Owner’s Association, and RCS - Turquoise Trail South I, LLC
• Approval of Amendments No. 1 to Agreement No. 2016-0303-A-PW/IC with Midway Office Supply; Agreement No. 2016-0303-B-PW/IC with Matthews Office Supply; Agreement No. 2016-0303-C-PW/IC with Western Paper; Agreement No. 2016-0303-D-PW/IC with Vertiv Operating Company; and, Agreement No. 2016-0303-E-PW/IC with Interline Brands, Inc., for Janitorial Supplies and Related Equipment to be Utilized by All Departments and Grant Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders.
• Resolution No. 2017-96, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase/Decrease to the Fire Fund (209) to Adjust the Budget Allotments to the Actual FY 2018 Disbursement Amount Awarded for an Increase of $212,179.00 and Decrease of $46,831.
• Resolution No. 2017-97, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the General Fund (101) to Budget a Grant Awarded to the Community Services Volunteer Program in the Amount of $1,200.00.
• Resolution No. 2017-98, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Indigent Services Fund (223) in the Amount of $158,000.00.
• Resolution No. 2017 -99, A Resolution Adopting Projects for Inclusion in Santa Fe County Services’ Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan for Fiscal Years 2019-2023 and Authorizing Submittal of Plan to the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration.
• Resolution No. 2017-100, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the GOB Series 2017 Fund (356) to Budget Bond Proceeds to Pay Issuance Costs and County Projects. In Addition, Requesting a Budget Increase to General Obligation Bond Debt Service Fund (401) to Budget Debt Service to Pay Principal and Interest on GOB Series 2017.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement No. 2018-0107-CMO/BT Between Santa Fe County and the New Mexico Department of Health for Funding Related to the East Mountain Regional Health Facility. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Resolution No. 2017-101, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the General Fund (101) to Budget Revenues Received Pursuant to an MOA with the New Mexico Department of Health for the Planning, Design and Construction of the East Mountain Regional Health Facility in the Amount of $996,415. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Approval of Agreement No. 2017-0326-FD/IC with Stoven Construction in the Amount of $427,249.00, Exclusive of NM GRT for Construction of a New Apparatus Bay and Exercise Room for the Galisteo Fire Station, Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
(End of Action Items)
• Presentation by North Central Regional Transit District on the 2017 NCRTD –Santa Fe Trails Consolidation Study for the Feasibility of Consolidating Transit Operations.
• Presentation and Report from Crestino, LLC on Current State of Broadband within Santa Fe County.
• Presentation and Approval of a Proclamation Recognizing and Proclaiming October 12, 2017, as Sharron Welsh Day. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Presentation and Approval of a Proclamation Declaring the Second Monday in October as Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Santa Fe County. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters From the County Attorney
Executive Session. Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(8) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• Rights-of-Way for County Roads.
• Buckman Direct Diversion Issues.
Special Closed Meetings of the Board of County Commissioners on September 19 and 20, 2017
• With regard to the special closed meetings of the Board of County commissioners held on September 19 and 20, 2017, there was a motion and second to have the minutes reflect that the matters discussed in the closed meetings were limited only to those specified in the notice of the separate closed meetings; namely, County roads within the exterior boundaries of the Pueblos of Nambe, Pojoaque, San Ildelfonso, and Tesuque. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Public Hearings / Land Use Cases
• BCC CASE # LIQ 17-5060 Tumbleroot Brewing, LLC Small Brewer, Craft Distiller, and Spirit, Beer, and Wine Wholesaler Liquor License. Tumbleroot Brewing LLC, Jason Kirkman/Jason Fitzpatrick, Applicants, Request Approval Of A Small Brewer, Craft Distiller, And Spirit, Beer, And Wine Wholesaler Liquor License. The Property Is Located At 32 Bisbee Ct., Units 3-4, Within Section 24, Township 16 North, Range 8 East, SDA-1 (Commission District 5). Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Growth Management Department Monthly Report
• Public Safety Department Monthly Report
• Public Works Department Monthly Report
• Human Resources Division Monthly Report
• Community Services Department Monthly Report
• Finance Reports