Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on February 13, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the January 9, 2018 Regular Board of County Commissioners meeting and January 23, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Special Meeting were approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya absent at the time of the vote.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya not present.
• CASE # MIS 17-5222 Jerry West Reconsideration of a Condition. Jerry West, Applicant, Sommer, Karnes & Associates, LLP, Agent, request the reconsideration of a condition imposed by the Board of County Commissioners on a lot size variance for Jerry West. The variance allowed the division of 10.9 acres into two lots and was conditioned that no additional dwellings (beyond what was existing) would be allowed on the property. The Applicant is requesting an amendment to the condition imposed by the BCC to allow 4 dwelling units on 5.963 acre lot. The property is located within the San Marcos Community Overlay District at 2 Loma Oriente Road within, Section 26, Township 15 North, Range 8 East (Commission District 5). (APPROVED 5-0)
• CASE # APP 17-5021 Appeal of Jerry West Variance. Santa Fe County, Appellant, is appealing the Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s decision to approve a density variance (Jerry West Variance case # V17-5020) of Chapter 9, Table 9-14-4: Dimensional Standards of the San Marcos Community District overlay Rural Residential (SMCD RUR-R) zoning district. The Planning Commission approved a variance to exceed the density requirement of one dwelling unit per ten acres by allowing 4 dwelling units on a 5.963 acre lot. The property is located within the San Marcos Community Overlay District at 2 Loma Oriente Road within, Section 26, Township 15 North, Range 8 East, and (Commission District 5). (APPROVED 5-0)
• Resolution No. 2018-14, A Resolution Confirming The Land Use Administrator’s Determination That The Extraterritorial Zoning Authority Order For Case No. 07-4400, Culver Request, Henry Culver, Applicant, Granted The Applicant Relief From A Previously Approved Condition Of Approval Of A Variance.
• Resolution No. 2018-15, A Resolution Amending Resolution 2016-137 to Update the Employees Authorized to Enforce by the Issuance of Citations and by Prosecution Violations of Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 1991-7, as Amended by Ordinance No. 1998-11, the Fire Prevention Code, and Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 2001-11, the Santa Fe County Urban Wildland Interface Code.
• Resolution No. 2018-16, A Resolution Amending the Santa Fe County Road Map and Certifying a Report of the Public Roads in Santa Fe County.
• Resolution No. 2018-17, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget Supplemental Funding Awarded Through the HIDTA Grant Program /$65,000.00.
• Resolution No. 2018-18, A Resolution Requesting Supplemental Funding from the 2015 Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant Program, Requesting A Budget / $15,107.00.
• Resolution No. 2018-19, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Prepare, Execute and Submit on Behalf of Santa Fe County A Local DWI Grant Program Application Along with all Related Documents and Agreements.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Items From Consent Agenda Requiring Extended Discussion / Consideration
• Approval of Amendment No. 3 to Agreement No. 2015-0063-CORR/IC with Keefe Group for Commissary Services for the Adult Detention Facility and Youth Development Program to Extend the Term of the Agreement and Increase Compensation in the Amount of $300,000 for a Total Contract Sum Not to Exceed Amount of $1,500,000.00, Exclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya not present.
• East Mountain Regional Health Facility (County Manager’s Office/Tony Flores) (Items Added)
o Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement Between Santa Fe County and First Choice Community Health Care Incorporated, which Provides Santa Fe County $1,000,000 in Project Funding for the Planning, Design and Construction of the New Regional Health Facility. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Resolution No. 2018-20, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the General Fund (101) to Budget Revenues Received Pursuant to an MOA with First Choice Community Healthcare, Inc., to Construct the Regional Health Facility in the amount of $1,000,000. (Action Item) Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Approval of a Notice of Federal Interest. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Approval of a Landlord Letter of Consent Statement Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Resolution No. 2018-21, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the General Fund (101) to Budget Revenues Received Pursuant to an MOA with the Town of Edgewood for the Design, Construction and/or the Purchase of Furnishings Or Equipment for the Regional Health Facility in the amount of $35,000. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters From the County Manager
• 2018 Legislative Session Update
• Overview of Proposed Adoption of the 2015 International Fire Code and the 2015 Wildland Urban Interface Code.
• Presentation Regarding the Behavioral Health Crisis Center